Mountain Ridge Academy is currently seeking a warm and nurturing summer student to join our team in caring for children ages 30 months to school age. Candidates must be between the ages of 19 and 30 and returning to full-time studies in the fall.
Term: July and August 2017
Hours: 32 hours/week, Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Assist with planning and creating summer learning activities for preschool children
- Assist with teaching during summer theme weeks
- Offer care for children in a preschool setting
- Daily cleaning and setting up for the next day's programming
- Competitive Wages ($16/hr for a Responsible Adult; $18/hr for an ECE Assistant)
- Paid half hour lunch breaks
- Respectful and professional work environment
- Amazing community of preschoolers and their families
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Warm, nurturing approach with children and families
- Must be 19 to 30 years of age and returning to full-time studies in the fall
- Has completed or is willing to complete 20 hours of child-related studies
- Willing to apply for a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check
- Medical Clearance (Immunization Records and TB Test)
- A minimum of two written professional references
- Valid First Aid certification is an asset
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to Vassa Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will be asked to present other records (e.g. certifications, immunization records) upon employment.